Top 40 90s Wedding Party Songs
Choosing a playlist for your wedding or party is fun, but let's admit, it can be a struggle to select the right songs that don't suit just you and your partner, but also your guests. Not to mention that these songs need to match the theme - there's no use in having a Winter Wonderland themed wedding/party with a playlist full of summer songs! So after your brain has fizzled up from thinking too hard, after desperately searching for ideas on your usual playlist, after growing tired of hearing "I don't know, it's your choice" from your friends and family, you resort to the wonders of the internet to scrounge around for recommendations.
Depending on your theme or your taste, you'd edit your search to match; if you searched for 90s hits (amazing taste), this blog has found its way into your feed. Your search for the perfect tracks to play at your special event has come to an end - we have all the best 90s songs to satisfy your hunger. These are the feel-good tunes, the rockstar tunes, the throwback tunes, the tunes that everybody in attendance at your wedding/party will have no problem getting up and grooving around to - in fact, they won't be able to resist!
With a 90s playlist, you'll see the smiles on the adults faces grow bigger as they reminisce on the good days. You'll hear "this was my favourite song as a kid!", or "this song used to play on the radio every week!", as well as "you're not old enough to remember this song, but you should listen to it, you'd love it!" Being able to share a taste of your childhood with your children not only develops a stronger bond between adult and child, but brings together two generations in harmony with the help of a shared love for 90s music.
This blog includes songs from 1990 all the way to 1999 - solid 90s era tracks only, no outliers, no anomalies. We've included hits from all different sorts of artists; boy bands like Nirvana and Weezer, pop divas like Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez, rap legends like The Notorious B.I.G and Eminem, and superstars like Celine Dion and Elton John. With different beats, different genres, different rhythms, different lyrics styles, different instruments; the variety is endless.
Everyone at the event will have no choice but to give in, lay off the cake for a while, get up from their seats, make their way to the dance floor - and have the dance of their lives.
So, without further ado, here are the top 40 90s wedding and party band songs:
- What Is Love - Haddaway (1993)
- Buddy Holly - Weezer (1994)
- Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - Backstreet Boys (1997)
- U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer (1990)
- California Love - Tupac Shakur (1995)
- Everlong - Foo Fighters (1997)
- My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (1995)
- Thunderstruck - AC/DC (1990)
- Rhythm Is A Dancer - Snap! (1992)
- Baby I Love Your Way - Big Mountain (1994)
- ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears (1998)
- Let's Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez (1999)
- Macarena - Los Del Río (1993)
- Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis (1995)
- Girls & Boys - Blur (1994)
- Wonderwall - Oasis (1995)
- I Like To Move It - Reel 2 Real (1994)
- Boom Boom Boom Boom - Vengaboys (1998)
- Just A Girl - No Doubt (1995)
- Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) - The Offspring (1998)
- Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (1991)
- The Boy Is Mine - Brandy & Monica (1998)
- No Diggity - Blackstreet and Dr. Dre (1996)
- Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio & Kylian Mash (1995)
- My Name Is - Eminem (1999)
- Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-A-Lot (1992)
- Hypnotize - The Notorious B.I.G (1997)
- Jump Around - House Of Pain (1992)
- This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan (1995)
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John (1994)
- Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice (1990)
- Killing Me Softly - Fugees (1996)
- Whatta Man - Salt-N-Pepa ft. En Vogue (1993)
- All Star - Smash Mouth (1999)
- Iris - Goo Goo Dolls (1998)
- Big Poppa - The Notorious B.I.G (1994)
- I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys (1999)
- Wannabe - Spice Girls (1996)
- Barbie Girl - Aqua (1997)
- Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin (1999)
You've reached the end! We hope these suggestions have helped you create the 90s playlist of your dreams to fit the desired theme or style of your event.
Before you go, here are some extra recommendations for things to include in your wedding/party if you want to enhance that 90s feel:
- 3D glasses
Everyone loves the cinema, so why not bring back the blue and red 3D glasses to allow your guests to view your party from a whole new perspective?
A photobooth is always a good contribution to bring a party to the next level, so make it a 90s theme with things such as "bling" necklaces, 90s haircut wigs, narrow sunglasses, etc.
It's all well and good to have your music playing on a speaker, but to enhance the 90s base, a boombox is what you need!
- Nostalgic sweets
Instead of having regular old lollipops at your event, bring back the pop rocks, the jawbreakers, the nerds, the fruit roll-ups, the ring pops, and other 90s themed nosh.
To make your party not just 90s, but incredibly original and unique, why not purchase some spray cans, leave a space on a wall, and allow your guests to bring out their creative side!
- 90s movies
To put your 3D glasses to more use, bring out the old DVDs and play the 90s classics like The Truman Show, Jurassic Park, Titanic, Clueless, and many more!