Top 40 Noughties Wedding Party Songs
The noughties, aka Y2K, aka the 2000's - the era of party music. This decade is where the pop music industry really makes a breakthrough, and from this decade forward, every mum began singing these songs to annoy her children and make them cry of second hand embarrassment - always good times, and always good memories.
Everyone's been in the car with their mum when a throwback song like Toxic or Hollaback Girl suddenly makes an appearance on the radio, and you know from that very moment that you're going to have to endure your mum next to you screaming the lyrics in your face - you try to be stubborn and act like its strange, but you inevitably give in to the noughties and join in. It's not just the mums that love Y2K tunes; everyone loves a bit of Britney Spears and Lady Gaga to bring that extra snap of sass to their day. If you haven't found yourself lip syncing to Poker Face, you haven't been living.
When it comes to weddings, there are lots of main events; the arrival, the ceremony (I do!), the reception, the cutting of the cake, the meal, and finally... the party! Disco lights, smoke machines, cameras, balloons, boomboxes, dancing - it's all good fun! However, after all the stress and excitement of the day, you'll find that your guests are exhausted - you might even see a couple of them begin to drift off. But never fear, we at Tailored Entertainment have just the solution; a feel- good, groovy, noughties playlist to get your guests on their feet - it won't just be the alcohol keeping them from nodding off, it'll be the great choice of music!
We understand that there are many important aspects to creating the perfect wedding; the perfect dress, the perfect suit, the perfect flowers, the perfect venue, the perfect lighting, the perfect timing - we know. But ultimately, what really brings the day together and solidifies the harmony and connection between two families is when the time for dancing arrives, and everyone gathers in a huddle on the dance floor under the disco ball to show off their best moves and bond in laughter and fun whilst making new memories that will be forever cherished and looked back on in the future.
This is the very reason why choosing the correct music for the moment is crucially important; if the songs you choose are unpopular or not incredibly well known, the guests won't feel that same spark as they would with a popular, well-known, get up and groove song. That's why this blog is here on your screen - to recommend to you the best songs for the occasion that won't let you down.
Let's get down to it - the top 40 noughties songs performed by the best 00s covers bands that will brighten any wedding party are just at your fingertips...!
- Be Faithful - Fatman Scoop & Crooklyn Clan (2003)
- Latin Thugs - Cypress Hill (2004)
- Hey Ya! - Outkast (2003)
- Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyoncé (2008)
- Just Dance - Lady Gaga & Colby O’Donis (2008)
- Viva La Vida - Coldplay (2008)
- Cha Cha Slide - DJ Casper (2000)
- Life Is A Highway - Rascal Flatts (2006)
- Let’s Get It Started - The Black Eyed Peas (2004)
- Hot In Herre - Nelly (2002)
- Mr. Brightside - The Killers (2004)
- I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas (2009)
- Bye Bye Bye - NSYNC (2000)
- Since You Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson (2004)
- Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado (2006)
- Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake (2002)
- Hips Don’t Lie - Shakira (2005)
- Toxic - Britney Spears (2003)
- Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani (2004)
- I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry (2008)
- Bad Romance - Lady Gaga (2009)
- Poker Face - Lady Gaga (2008)
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk (2001)
- Fireflies - Owl City (2009)
- Maneater - Nelly Furtado (2006)
- So What - P!nk (2008)
- Ms. Jackson - Outkast (2000)
- American Boy - Estelle ft. Kanye West (2008)
- The Real Slim Shady - Eminem (2000)
- Milkshake - Kelis (2003)
- Shut Up And Drive - Rhianna (2007)
- Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon (2008)
- Supermassive Black Hole - Muse (2006)
- American Idiot - Green Day (2004)
- Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne (2002)
- Halo - Beyoncé (2008)
- Stacy’s Mom - Fountains Of Wayne (2003)
- Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus (2000)
- DARE - Gorillaz (2005)
- Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs (2007)
You’ve reached the end of our list! Hopefully by now you’ve managed to find some songs that are perfect for the dance floor of your event. Remember, you shouldn’t feel pressured to find songs that are solely for the purpose of keeping your guests happy - at the end of the day, you’re the main focus. However, it is important to keep your guests entertained, so the atmosphere of your wedding remains positive and exciting!
On that note, here are some small ideas to provide at the special event - keeping with the noughties/2000’s/Y2K theme!
- Disco balls
To add an extra sprinkle of decor and shine to any dance floor, a disco ball is a must have, but why have just one?
- Graffiti art
This is right at home in the 2000’s theme, bringing out the colourful, creative aspects; why not let your guests participate?
- Glow sticks
Any way you can bring neon into the picture is very much appreciated when it comes to Y2K; the best way to do this is by accessorising with glow sticks!
You can’t get any more Y2K than karaoke; hand over the mic and aux and let your guests entertain you for a change!
- Disposable cameras
For the ultimate vintage feel, hand out Polaroids or disposable cameras for a noughties filter on every captured memory.
- CD wall
This is one of the best decors in the world of 2000’s, and including it in your party will enhance the sense of throwback.
If you’re still hungry for noughties themed ideas, click here for more suggestions that will contribute to your wedding party in the best ways.