Top 40 50s & 60s Rock 'n' Roll Songs for Weddings & Parties
Do you want 40 songs of the most inspirational music era? If so, look no further as this is the blog for you, this is a list of 40 of the best 50’s and 60’s Rock 'n' Roll songs for a wedding or party!
- Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry (1959)
This song has everything you could ever want in a 50’s and 60’s Rock N Roll song, with a great guitar intro and a Rock N Roll riff all the way through!
- Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley And His Comets (1955)
This song has a great call and response with the vocals and guitars, this is one to get people dancing!
- Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley (1957)
This song is amazing and has a nice groove all the way through the song!
- Great Balls Of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis (1961)
This is definitely one to dance to, it has quite a fast tempo and grat piano licks!
- Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins (1956)
This is a classic that everyone will know!
- Hound Dog - Elvis Presley (1956)
Brilliant song with brilliant vocals!
- Twist And Shout - The Beatles (1963)
This is a Rock N Roll staple!
- Johnny Angel - Shelley Fabares (1962)
This is a beautiful song and it has great backing vocals.
- Folsom Prison Blues - (1955)
Another classic with great lyrics!
- La Bamba - Ritchie Valens (1958)
Very popular one to fill the dance floor!
- Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys (1963)
This a brilliant rock n roll song with catchy lyrics!
- Rockin’ Robin - Bobby Day (1958)
Very upbeat song!
- Tutti Frutti - Little Richard (1957)
Amazing vocals and nice groove throughout the song!
- Wake Up Little Susie - The Everly Brothers (1957)
Beautiful song with great harmonies from the brothers!
- Respect - Aretha Franklin (1967)
Great song and nice brass instruments in the background!
- My Girl - The Temptations (1965)
Very recognisable and one to sing along to!
- I Want To Hold Your Hand The Beatles (1963)
Very well-known and a Rock N Roll classic
- Can’t Buy Me Love - The Beatles (1964)
Amazing song and definitely one to dance to!
- I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) - The Four Tops (1965)
Great song with a nice piano instrumental all the way through!
- The Twist - Chubby Checker (1960)
Brilliant song, one to definitely dance to!
- I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles (1963)
This is a rock n roll classic, one to definitely dance to!
- Dancing In The Street - Martha And The Vandellas (1964)
Brilliant instrumentation and amazing vocals!
- Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1969)
Amazing song and unreal vocals, it also has a nice guitar tone throughout the song!
- You Really Got Me - The Kinks (1964)
Another really well known song, one to get people dancing and singing!
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison (1967)
Nice groove throughout the song and unreal voice!
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye And Tammi Terrell (1967)
Amazing song with great harmonies on the chorus from both of them!
- Stand By Me - Ben E King (1962)
Beautiful song with a beautiful voice!
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye (1968)
Nice groove through the song and unreal vocal range from Marvin Gaye!
- Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond (1969)
Very popular song, a great one for everybody to sing along to!
- Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys (1966)
Quite a calm song with unique backing vocals, brilliant song!
- Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley (1956)
Rock N Roll classic with a great voice!
- Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly (1957)
Beautiful love song!
- Nothing Can Change This Love - Sam Cooke (1963)
Another beautiful love song, this would be a great one for a wedding!
- Twistin’ The Night Away - Sam Cooke (1962)
Great song to dance, will get everybody moving!
- All I Have To Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers (1958)
Great song for a party or wedding, brilliant vocal harmonies from the brothers!
- Roll It Over Beethoven - Chuck Berry (1956)
Unreal guitar intro at the start to kick off a brilliant song!
- Help! - The Beatles (1965)
Fast song and powerful lyrics!
- Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles (1961)
Rock N Roll staple, one for everybody to sing!
- All My Loving - The Beatles (1964)
A timeless love song, one for everybody to sing along to!
- Ain't That A Shame - Fats Domino (1955)
Perfect dancing song, great for a party or wedding!