Our Ultimate Indie Wedding Playlist
Getting the right music for your wedding is one of the most important decisions you can make. After all the formalities and ceremony, you and your guests will want to get on the dancefloor in the evening and have fun together. Indie music is one of the most popular genres which means it’s one of the most suitable for large groups of people gathering for your special day. This is also a particularly good genre to base wedding playlists on as it encompasses such a range of sounds and moods. From indie rock to indie pop, there’s sure to be something for everyone to enjoy on the perfect indie wedding playlist.
Getting the right band
Picking the perfect band for your wedding is what will ultimately determine how the evening will go. Before you can start thinking about what specific songs you want to hear on your wedding evening, you need to make sure that the band you choose is the right one for you.
You should be picking a band who can both match your music taste and cover a range of music that all your guests will know and love.
The following playlist staples by popular indie rock bands will guarantee your guests will be up on their feet dancing. It is also highly likely that these popular songs can be covered by your chosen band as indie songs are brought to life through live music.
For romantic moments:
- ‘Sleepwalking’ by Modest Mouse
- ‘Our Song (Acoustic)’ by Ron Pope
- ‘The One’ by Kodaline
- ‘Missing Piece’ by Vance Joy
- ‘Perfect’ by Ed Sheeran (this one has various indie covers)
- ‘Ho Hey’ by The Lumineers
The classics that everyone will know:
- ‘Wonderwall’ by Oasis
- ‘All my love’ by George Ezra
- ‘How will I know’ by Whitney Houston
- ‘Mr. Brightside’ by The Killers
- ‘We are Family’ by Sister Sledge
For getting everyone on their feet:
- ‘Someday’ by The Strokes
- ‘Sweet Caroline’ by Neil Diamond
- ‘I wanna dance with somebody’ by Whitney Houston
- ‘You’ve Got The Love’ by Florence + The Machine
- ‘Relate’ by King & County
- ‘A-Punk’ by Vampire Weekend
Hopefully, our ultimate indie wedding playlist will help you choose what music you want to be included in your evening event. Whether you want to entertain your guests with indie folk music, or something a little more niche, there will be a band out that can cater to your needs. For a range of unique indie bands that are available for weddings across all areas of the UK, browse our indie rock bands available for hire.