Devon Wedding Inspiration: Ideas to Make Your Day Perfect
We get it. Planning a wedding is exciting, but it can also be complicated and stressful. It’s a big deal and doubtlessly you’ll want to make sure that everything is perfect. But with so many details to consider, so many potential vendors to hire, and so many people to please, it can be overwhelming.
Recently we’ve released some articles for our picks of the best Devon vendors to use for different aspects of your wedding, such as venues, wedding planners and florists. We’re hoping to make planning your Devon wedding a bit easier. So, we’re putting together our recommendations in one place here — giving you the inspiration and guidance you need to plan for the perfect wedding.
Grab yourself a tea or coffee and let’s dive in…
Wedding Venues in Devon
Image credit: Watermouth Cove Weddings
At the core of every amazing wedding is a venue that suits your needs and allows you to theme your wedding perfectly. Devon is famous for its enchanting natural beauty, expressed through its picturesque countryside and coastlines. Rich in history, it is dotted with many incredible villages that are perfect backdrops to your big day From grand manor houses to luxurious hotels, Devon offers an array of wedding venues that cater to every taste and budget.
In a recent article, we spoke about our top picks for luxury wedding venues in Devon. To recap, we recommended:
- Hawke Barn, a modern but rustic barn with breathtaking scenery.
- Huntsham Court, a gorgeous Grade II listed manor house with acres of greenery.
- Arches Beach, a unique, seaside gem perfect for intimate weddings.
- Glebe House Cottages, a family-owned estate with gorgeous gardens and elegant landscaping.
- Watermouth Cove Weddings, for a breathtaking and expansive backdrop of the ocean.
With any of these, you really can’t go wrong.
Wedding Planners in Devon
Image credit: Hyland Weddings & Events
If you could keep stress to a minimum, you would. Right?
Hiring a wedding planner can be a great choice if your budget allows for it. Devon boasts some of the most talented and well-coordinated wedding planners in the country that can take the wheel and let you soak up the fun without any worry.
In another recent article, we spoke about 7 Devon wedding planners in particular that really stand out. To recap, they were:
- Wild Wedding Company, for their excellent balance of quality and versatility.
- Ardour & Bow, for discerning couples that demand the very best.
- Nya Rue Events, for giving couples complete freedom to have a wedding that best reflects their personalities and interests.
- Evermore Weddings, for mega-fun weddings that throw tradition to the wind.
- Elisabeth Shell Weddings, for their love of weddings and understanding of how precious they are to couples.
- Hyland Weddings & Events, for their incredible attention to detail.
- Weddings by Clare, for weddings that are classy and understated but beautiful and personal.
Wedding Florists in Devon
Image credit: The Velvet Daisy
One of the most crucial, but sometimes a bit overlooked, elements is the flowers. From the bride’s bouquet to tasteful table centrepieces, flowers express the personality of the couple and add elegance to a wedding celebration. As such, it’s very important to get it right as well-considered flowers can truly bring your wedding to life.
In a recent article, we outlined 5 Devon wedding florists that are excellent choices for a variety of different wedding types. Our top picks are:
- Floral Art Devon, for its diverse range of services.
- Floren Studio, for its wild, romantic, and laid-back style.
- Bud Floral Design, for allowing clients to truly express themselves through flowers.
- The Velvet Daisy, for its breathtaking botanical displays inspired by the traditional English garden.
- The Flower Sessions, for their unique and imaginative arrangements.
Devon Wedding Bands
Let’s be honest. We all love the wedding ceremony, but deep down we’re most excited about the evening party. The defining feature of the evening is the music. It connects everybody, creates an atmosphere, and makes everything more enjoyable. But, it’s incredibly important to pick a band or DJ that’s best for the party you want.
We’re really confident in our selection of Devon wedding bands. We’ve got a great choice of excellent artists across a wide array of genres, so you’ll be able to find something that’s perfect for your evening celebrations. Here are a few of our many great options:
Vintage Roots is one of the UK’s top vintage and folk rock-style professional live cover bands. They are folksy and unfussy with an effortlessly smart and stylish edge. If you’re looking for a vintage-themed function act that can bring your evening to life, Vintage Roots have the sound and style to match.
Not quite the one for you? Check out our other Mumford/Folk Devon wedding bands!
Electric Kicks are an all-action band that is sure to keep your night lively with singalong favourites bursting with indie-rock energy. Smartly dressed with effortless style and swagger, their energy is infectious.
Looking for a different kind of kick? Check out our handpicked catalogue of other Indie Rock/Pop Devon wedding bands!
The Small Things
The Small Things pack a big sound into their airtight three-man lineup — bringing the energy and fun of a killer indie club night to your wedding celebration. Laid-back and cool with a playful rock n' roll edge, they’re a genuine, all-out, indie rock band with the sound and setlist to pack your dance floor.
High energy rock not your thing? Check out our other Devon Britpop bands here!
OJ's Soul Band
OJ’s Soul Band, the UK’s leading Motown Show Collective, comprises the country’s best musicians in a truly world-class act — ideal for premium and unforgettable weddings. They’re impossibly stylish, soulful, and classy. A truly authentic Motown band with a sharp, contemporary edge.
Interested in seeing what else we have to offer? Check out our unmatched selection of Devon Soul & Motown wedding bands!
Victoriana is the UK's leading vintage wedding entertainment provider. If you love acoustic and all things vintage, Victoriana won’t let you down. They’re Folksy and laid-back with a stylish, contemporary sound and look. The very best of the acoustic-driven, vintage-themed genre in our eyes.
Not quite your cup of tea? Feel free to explore our other Acoustic Devon wedding bands! Similarly, if none of these artists or genres are what you’re looking for for your big day, check out our complete catalogue for all of our Devon wedding bands.