Tuesday 8th November 2016
There really is nothing quite like a Winter Wedding. Can you honestly think of a more romantic scenario than saying your "I Do's" in front of a roaring fire, surrounded by your loved ones, while the snow gently falls outside? And hey, it's a great excuse for your wedding band to throw in a few Christmas classics - was there ever a more apt time to belt out 'All I Want for Christmas is You?!'
One thing that can be affected, though is your hair and make-up (waterproof mascara, anyone?!) So we asked the absolutely fantastic Wedding Hair & Make-up Artist, Natasha Wiggins to give you budding Winter Brides her tips on how to look simply stunning on your big day. Here's what she had to say...
As we approach late Autumn and Winter we can expect the weather to get a little bit damp, drizzly and cold. That’s a fact… but Winter Weddings are beautiful and one of my favourites to do hair and make-up for.
Let's face it, you can plan every last detail for your big day but the one thing you simply have no control over is the British weather. So make sure it doesn't stress you out. Checking the weather forecast every day, on the hour, before your wedding, won't make it change or not happen on the day. It will just stress you out!
But don't fear…
As professional wedding hair & make-up artists we know how to tackle this very British problem. And we take every step to make sure your wedding hair and make-up stays perfect despite the unpredictable British weather!
• We don't apply too many products to your hair as this will make it frizzy. If you just shampoo and condition as normal and we can apply some serum, followed by a light spray of hairspray to keep your chosen style in.
• We only use water based foundations as this helps the foundation to stay put despite the damp air from the rain.
• We use a primer before applying foundation to create the perfect base for your make-up and to make sure it lasts all day and night!
• In the rain you need to avoid heavy moisturisers and only go for light foundations with a bit of mineral powder - we find this helps it to stay put and not slide off.
• We also apply a lip tint under the lipstick to help it to stay on for longer, with all the kissing and sipping champagne!
• We make sure your mascara and eyeliner are waterproof - also good for wedding days tears of joy.
• After applying the make-up, we apply the airbrush spray to keep your make-up smudge proof. And lastly, smile and why not bring a pretty or colourful umbrella from Brolly Bucket just in case! You can't change the weather but you will have an amazing day despite the weather.
Image provided by Peter Lorenz.
So there you have it, ladies - having an expert on your side, like Natatsha can really take away those Winter blues and make your magical Winter fairytale a reality.